WHAT WE DO FOR BUYERS
Since we have already undergone all of the questions and concerns that buyers are challenged with when purchasing waterfront property in the Northern Neck, we have gained invaluable knowledge which can make your experience less stressful.
Let us simplify your real estate purchase.
We feel the most important part of our job is communication. The buying and selling process can be a confusing and anxious time for most people.
We take ample time to discuss and explain all of your options. You can count on the fact that we will keep you informed and updated through every step of your transaction.
Once we have an understanding of your needs as a buyer, we guide and assist you from beginning to end to obtain that special property. We will save you valuable time and frustration during the complete process by our personal and complete involvement in these major steps.
- Chesapeake Bay Act Restrictions
- Advantages of subdivisions with restrictive covenants
- River front vs. Creek front vs. Bay front
- Buying existing home vs. buying land and building a home
- Current market valuesAdvise you to consider the following in purchasing waterfront property;
- The benefits of knowing your mortgage options and refer a lender for prequalification
Match your requirements with available properties in both the MLS and MRIS data bases
Tour with you only those properties meeting your criteria — We can suggest overnight accommodations, if you would like to make a weekend of it
- Advise and write contract on desired property and begin negotiations
- Upon accepted offer, if applicable, we will recommend contractors, arrange for home inspection, assist in securing pier permit, assist in securing percolation test, and assist in securing site plan with Chesapeake Bay Requirements
- We will meet with zoning and health department officials, building contractor, and work with the Virginia Marine Resource Commission to assist in securing all requirements of the contract to complete the sale
It takes a special kind of talent to be truly successful in today’s Real Estate industry. And it takes a special kind of person to turn a business transaction into a pleasant experience. At Craig Realty we work hard to ensure that your experience is truly an enjoyable one. While this experience can be filled with ups and downs, if you contact Craig Realty, we’ll take care of the details throughout the entire process so you can just sit back and relax.
WHAT WE DO FOR SELLERS
We market our sellers properties aggressively, promoting the unique features and attributes to all potential buyers through multiple mediums. By providing professional service at an affordable rate, we maximize the highest net return for you.
Following are the steps we take to make the sale of your home, profitable and less stressful.
- We feel the most important part of our job is communication. The buying and selling process can be a confusing and anxious time for most people. We take ample time during our first meeting to discuss and explain all of your options.
- You can count on the fact that we will keep you informed and updated through every step of your transaction.
- Schedule an initial meeting with you to review your expectations and preview the property for determining appropriate market analysis comparison. We need to know what is unique about your property, to maximize buyer interest and attain highest sales price.
- Follow-up meeting to sign listing agreement, review market analysis comparison and establish appropriate sales price with seller. You need to know how your property compares to the competition.
- Place for sale signs on property, add listing to our website, and place listing on both the MLS (Northern Neck) and MRIS (Northern Virginia)Realtor data bases making your listing available to more than 28,000 real-estate agents and their clients.
- Your property will also be visible to thousands of additional perspective buyers on the Internet through an enhanced listing on Realtor.com with several photos. We make the investment to provide enhanced exposure for you as 77% of all buyers begin their search on the internet, and Realtor.com is the #1 website for real estate.
- Provide client feedback by following up on all property visits and inquiries. You need to know what perspective buyers think of your property.
- Immediately review with you and advise on all contract offers to determine appropriate next steps. (Do you counter the offer, is this the offer you accept, and how does accepting this offer affect your net dollars).
- Attend closing to assist with any unforeseen issues or questions that may arise.